Irene Evans - Colourist, Stylist, Make-Up, Beauty Therapy
1) Can you tell us a little bit about your specialties?
I am a hair stylist and beauty therapist. I always strive for perfection and attention to detail. Have a deep love for tending to scalp, hair and skin issues and providing solutions that work for each individual.
2) When did you first realize you wanted to become a hair stylist and where did you start?
I had this blaring passion for the industry since I can remember but life takes you in other paths sometimes, along the way I obtained valuable business experience and I ended up where I was supposed to eventually. Of course nothing came easy but hard work and determination and passion for what I do
3) Who is your average customer, and what services do you usually provide?
Our clientelle consist mainly of professionals, in all industries ranging from 18-60. We provide all of the standard hair services and beauty, but our service is anything but standard! We try very hard and aim to please.
4) What is the most challenging and rewarding aspects of working as a hairdresser?
Being able to achieve more than what is expected and ensuring our clients are ecstatic with the result, this is most rewarding. As far as challenges go, advising a client they cannot achieve a certain look in one session but rather building on it - to achieve a healthy result -and trying to get them to understand you have their best interests at heart.
5) In your opinion what makes a good hairdresser?
Passion, passion, passion, and loving what you do - you can never fail if what you do excites you and constantly trying to improve yourself
6) All hairdressers have their own favourites, what is your own particular favourite hairstyle of all time?
The classic forward feathered, textured look framing the face. Regardless I get excited when we have made someone look spectacular no matter what the look.
7) Can you tell us about the products you use and why?
I have discovered Everescents and for a natural brand I can hardly believe the results they are amazing. It is a high performing range with all the goodness. It is 100% organic and Australian made
8) What tips can you give to up and coming hairstylists?
Be passionate, dedicated and most importantly ensure you enjoy what you do.
9) Can you describe a day in your life as a busy hairdresser/beauty thereapist?
Consultations, colour, cutting, make up, facials, body treatments, waxing, coffees
10) Now time to tell us what makes you a top hairdresser/beauty therapist
I will reiterate here.... I absolutely love what I do, have an amazing passion for the work... I never go home and think agh!! have to go to work tomorrow. I love to be creative and think about all the possibilities that could make someone look glamorous - very thorough on consultations, taking into account, skin tones, their occupation and the client's expectations and how to make it easy for them to manage their hair and skin everyday.
Waves on Capel 0452 061 418